In this debate, we will be asking the question: should we work for nature, or should nature work for us? Exploring topics related to ecosystem services, re-wilding, and sustainable land use, we will discuss whether there is a happy medium to be achieved between protecting biodiversity and prosperous land use.
- Megan Rowland (@Wayfaringhind): Deer stalker, assistant land manager, and blogger changing perceptions of land management in Scotland
- Peter Cooper (@PeteMRCooper): Pete is a naturalist and writer, currently working as an ecologist for the Derek Gow Consultancy. Pete is also projects officer for A Focus on Nature, the youth conservation network
- Cain Scrimgeour (@cainscrimgeour): Guide and media specialist for Wild Intrigue, who provide naturalist workshops and guided expeditions. Cain is also a wildlife photographer and film-maker
- Heather-Louise Devey (@feraheather): Owner of wild intrigue, ecologist and forest ranger
- Andrew Baker (@TilhillForestry): Andy is a Forest Manager working for Tilhill Forestry, and has worked in Forestry in South Wales, Northern England and now Kent.
Chaired by Rob Lambert
Date(s) - 18/08/2018
1:00 pm - 1:50 pm